Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lounging in Lisbon

A short stop in Lisbon, Portugal for 5 days. The move from Paris to Lisbon was a bit of a culture chock, Paris being the home of chic and Lisbon being far from that. Lisbon is the capital of Portugal and it is an old and beautiful, but dirty gray & tired city. Portugal is a poor partner in the European Union and it shows. The upside of that is the shopping! The are many shopping centres with a great selection of fashion, jewllery and shoes and it is much cheaper then the rest of Europe. The shops are open to 10 or 11 at night.
The main purpose of Portugal visit was business. I had a conference to attend and David played the role of conference wife. He had plenty of time to go shopping, touring and enjoying the hotel facilities. David reports back that the town on Sintra was historical and very beautiful.
One day when I finished the conference David suggested we go shopping - (very unusual for him to suggest shopping) He had found something he wanted me to see and buy for me. He took me to a Swarowski crystal shop and had some suggestions of jewellery he wanted me to try on. He bought me a beautiful necklace and a set of matching earrings. How special do you think I felt?
We stayed at a hotel that was specially for conferences, and it was super chic, efficient and very nice. I can highly recommend the hotel if you ever go to Lisbon. Check out the Sana Lisboa Park Hotel on www.sanahotels.com
Goddess Travel Recommedation: Order room service dinner and enjoy with a bottle of grand vintage Moet & Chandon Champagne. I love travelling in style!

No comments: